Qstream Knowledge Reinforcement for Medical Affairs
Transform Medical Affairs Training To Meet New HCP and Patient Needs
Continuous reinforcement of clinical knowledge and soft skills to support medical liaisons engage in a new world of healthcare.
Training Challenges in Medical Affairs
As the pharmaceutical industry is being transformed by patient-centric innovation and growth, medical affairs professionals need to learn new skills beyond foundational clinical expertise if they are to effectively engage healthcare professionals (HCPs) and key opinion leaders (KOLs) in this new world.
Medical science liaisons (MSLs) are not just a knowledge source; they need to morph into knowledge gatherers, managers and interpreters to hold value-based interactions with HCPs and KOLs.
As the role of medical affairs evolves and grows in value and visibility, training and enablement also needs to adapt to support MSLs develop new knowledge areas and skills to be able to:
- Process and analyze multiple data sources
- Propagate HCP and KOL conversations with real-world evidence
- Address patient expectations and interactions
- Develop advisor-style soft skills
- Master multi-discipline intel and signals from R&D, sales and marketing
- Bridge clinical and commercial teams